This policy describes how Maybourne Hotels Limited ("we", "us", "our") collects, processes, uses and discloses your personal information when you contact us, use our services or interact with our websites, such as www.maybourne.com, www.the-berkeley.co.uk, www.the-connaught.co.uk, and www.claridges.co.uk (together the "websites").
Your privacy is important to us and we promise to respect your personal information. Information is collected lawfully and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and we will do our best to ensure that your details are accurate and up-to-date.
Information we collect about you
In order to provide our highly personalised service we are required to collect and process your personal information. You may volunteer this information when speaking to our staff and/or agents acting on our behalf, by visiting our websites or corresponding with us by email or post.
We may also automatically collect some limited technical information including information on your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform, page interaction information, and any phone numbers or email addresses used to correspond with us.
How we use your information
We will use your personal information so that we can provide you with a first class service, and in particular to:
- Confirm your hotel reservations
- Send you emails that are related to your hotel stay, spa, restaurant or bar reservation and your car booking as appropriate
- Respond to your customer service inquiries or requests
- To confirm, update and improve customer records
- Identify and inform you of services that may be of interest
- Analyse and develop a relationship with you
- To fulfil your orders placed on premises or online
How we share information with others
We work closely with a number of trusted partners with whom we need to share personal information to help us provide our services. These include:
- Our group companies
- Banks and payment providers, to authorise and complete payments
- Service providers who work with us to help provide our services
- Companies to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you
- Any successors in title to our business
- Other agencies, law enforcement or governmental organisations where we are required to make such disclosures by applicable law
Personal information you supply us with and the information about your use of services will only be used by us, to tell you by letter, telephone or email about services that may be of interest to you. Your personal information will not be disclosed to any third party for marketing purposes.
Transfers of your personal information
We need to transfer the personal information referred to in this policy around the world to help operate our business efficiently.
However, we will always strive to adopt the highest standards of privacy protection, wherever your personal information is located and adopt appropriate measures to secure an adequate level of privacy protection.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
However, by making purchases via our online booking engine, you are protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, utilised by most popular browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. This ensures, through encryption, the personal information you enter, including your name, address and credit card information is converted into code being dispatched over the Internet.
Retaining your personal information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as we feel that we have a relationship with you and will only use it for clear and explicit purposes, this may also include satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a safe manner.
Updating your personal profile and preferences
You can update or change your preferences for the way in which you would like us to communicate with you - including how you receive news updates from us, or details of our latest offers by following the unsubscribe instructions in the correspondence we send to you.
Accessing your personal information & your rights under the GDPR
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have the right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review – in the event that Maybourne Hotels Limited refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
If you are concerned that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, out of date, or may be used inappropriately, please contact us with your concerns and we will take appropriate steps to amend our records. To exercise any of your rights or if you have any queries regarding how your data is processed our data protection representatives can be contacted directly by emailing DPO@the-connaught.co.uk
Call Monitoring and Recording
To ensure that you are provided with a first-class service, telephone calls may be monitored or recorded for quality control and training purposes.
Modern Slavery Act Transparency Statement
Changes to this policy
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates of changes.
Carlos Place Mayfair
Tel: +44 (0)20 7499 7070
Fax: +44 (0)20 7495 3262