Poached Solliès Fig
With greek yogurt mousse and yogurt & saffron sorbet
To prepare the Greek yogurt mousse:
- Place the yogurt, cream, honey and fresh lemon juice into a blender.
- Whisk until the mixture thickens.
- In the meantime, start to whip up the egg whites, slowly adding the sugar.
- Carefully incorporate this mixture into the yogurt mix, place into a muslin bag and hang overnight to rest and drip.
- Remove from muslin in the morning and put into a piping bag.
To prepare the Greek yogurt saffron sorbet:
- Take 50g of the cold mineral water and add the saffron stems, leaving them to infuse.
- Heat the water to 40C.
- Add the stabiliser, mix with the hand blender and bring to the boil.
- Add the saffron infusion and leave to cool down.
- When cold, add to the Greek yogurt and the lemon juice. Leave to mature for six hours, strain and put into an ice cream maker.
To prepare the fig orange sauce:
- Peel the soft figs and heat the orange juice.
- At the same time, make a dry, very light caramel with the sugar; add the hot orange juice to melt the sugar, then add the figs.
- Bring to the boil, mix and pass through a fine sieve.
To prepare the clafoutis:
- Put all the ingredients together, in order, into a food processor and mix on a very slow speed.
- Let the mixture rest.
- Pipe 13g into black flexi mini muffin moulds 4cm diameter and 1.5cm high.
- Cook at 180C for roughly 12 mins.
To prepare the poached figs:
- Bring the water and sugar to the boil to make a syrup.
- Wash the figs and cut off the tops and bottoms.
- Cut the top carefully into eight.
- Drop the figs into the syrup and poach for about three mins depending on the ripeness of the figs.
To prepare the Tuile:
- Cut shop-bought filo pastry into 7cm squares, brush with clarified butter and dust with icing sugar. Place in sphere-shaped moulds to create a ‘cup’ effect.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170C for 8-10 mins until golden brown.
- Leave to cool.
- Place the clafoutis on the plate and top with a scoop/quenelle of sorbet.
- Pipe the mousse next to the clafoutis and top with the tuile.
- Add your freshly-poached fig and bring the dish to the table.
- Pour over the sauce.
For the Greek yogurt mousse:
- 40g Greek yogurt
- 30g single cream 35%
- 16g honey
- 2g fresh lemon juice
- 6g egg white
- 3g caster sugar
For the Greek yogurt saffron sorbet:
- 105g mineral water
- 85g caster sugar
- 5g fresh lemon juice
- 300g Greek yogurt
- 0.5g saffron stems
For the fig orange sauce:
- 75g peeled Solliès figs
- 19g caster sugar
- 190cl fresh orange juice
For the clafoutis:
- 56g soft butter
- 160g TPT white (composed of 80g icing sugar & 80g almond powder)
- 12g maizena (cornflour)
- 40g eggs
- 16g egg yolks
- 64g single cream 35%
For the poached figs:
- 5 Solliès figs
- 200g water
- 60g caster sugar