with carrot, citrus and coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Have your butcher clean the lamb rack and tie it. Leave the rack at room temperature for 1 hour before cooking.
- Sear the rack of ribs in a pan before roasting it in duck fat with thyme, rosemary and garlic until pink, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Clean the lamb necks, removing the fat, season with salt and roast them with the duck fat until a deep colour is achieved.
For the lamb jus:
- Sear the lamb trimmings in a casserole dish then add the rest of the ingredients and cook slowly in the oven (at a low heat) for 2 hours.
- After roasting pass the contents through a sieve, and reduce the sauce by half on the hob.
- Add the lamb neck and cook at a low simmer until tender, approximately 3 hours.
- Take half of the cooking liquid and reduce to a jus.
- Keep the other half with the neck and glaze until slightly sticky.
For the puree:
- Sweat down the thinly sliced carrots in the butter until soft.
- Add the carrot juice and then blend.
- Add butter, salt and the citrus reduction and pass through a fine sieve.
- Add two lamb chops to one side of the plate.
- Put a large spoon of the puree on the other side and place two pieces of the tandoori glazed lamb neck on top.
- Add a few roasted carrots, some raw carrot shavings and coriander on top of the lamb neck
- Season the yoghurt with salt and some lemon juice, add a spoon of yoghurt to the plate.
- At the last moment add thinly sliced spring onion and coriander to the jus and serve on the side.
- Lamb rack, 8 chops
- 8 lamb neck fillets
- 20g duck fat
- Thyme, rosemary and garlic
For the lamb jus:
- 2.5kg lamb trimmings
- 150g each of carrots, shallots, celery
- 200g garlic
- 8 tomatoes
- 1 spring each of rosemary and thyme
- 3 litres chicken stock
- 200ml white wine
- 30g tandoori powder
For the carrot puree:
- 60g butter
- 3 carrots sliced very thinly
- 100ml carrot juice
- 15ml citrus reduction
For the garnish:
- 12 roasted baby carrots
- 12 baby carrot shavings
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- ½ a bunch of coriander
- 8 spring onions